The Hotel

 


VIEW PHOTO GALLERY
OF OUR GROUNDS

The hotel consists of 14 guest rooms, 2 with attached private baths, the other 12 use assigned baths located at the end of the hall. Hotel rooms are a good option for cottage guest overflow and are available for nightly rentals.


One of the original summer destinations in northwestern Michigan, the Fountain Point House welcomed its first guests on June 9, 1889. At a time when any site in Leelanau County could still be easily purchased, this particular lakeside setting was chosen as ideal because of the therapeutic waters flowing out of the artesian well, the spectacular vistas down the lake, and the substantial open grounds protected from the harsh winds out of the North. Guests and supplies arrived by steamer, departing from Traverse City and arriving at the Fountain Point House after a two hour journey. The average stay was one month.

Since that time every effort has been made to preserve the original ambiance. Antique furnishings remain an essential part of the guest experience. By 1924 the Red Room and now Game Room were a part of this sprawling building where guests have Continental Breakfast every morning and play and read on rainy days. The front porch facing the lake wraps itself around the hotel. Wicker furniture and original porch chairs all in white with green cushions lure you for a quiet moment or hour with a book and the soothing sound of the fountain.

The Continental Breakfast is served Sunday through Friday from 8:30-10 a.m., Saturdays 8-9 a.m. We offer an assortment of things to eat and the opportunity to meet other families and their children. The Game Room has ping pong, foosball and a 100 year old billiard table. There is a library of children’s books, novels and mystery stories. We have no television.

The rooms are simply furnished with original furniture. There is one room with private bath. Daily and weekly rates vary during the season and which particular room you choose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Floor plans of second and third floors